Part One - Initial Contact
 - This process starts with you sending us details of the curtains you wish us to sell. Please send us some pictures and details of their condition, measurements etc. Our email address for this is - firstname.lastname@example.org . This means we will have a proper record of your request. Please also include a contact phone number and your location with your email. This means we can already be thinking about how your curtains might get to us.
 - Please note that we only accept curtains that have been professionally made. We do not accept 'ready-made' curtains and only accept curtains that have a drop of a minimum 90 ins or 230 cms. Don't worry about the widths as windows/doors come in all manner of shapes and sizes! Additionally we cannot accept blinds, tracks, poles or pelmet boards. However we do accept pelmets, valances, swags & tails and tie-backs.
 - Once we have your email we will ring you to discuss selling your second-hand curtains. Hopefully this will result in an agreement between us for us to sell your curtains on your behalf. Please note we will NOT be able to give you valuations until we physically have the curtains in front of us.
Part Two - Getting your Curtains to us
 - If you live in Hertfordshire we will invite you to our St Albans Showroom so we can see the curtains. Alternatively we may be able to pick up from you if we have the time.
 - If you live outside our local catchment area we will arrange for the curtains to be picked up by Courier. We generally use Parcelforce or UPS for this service. To use this option we will ask you to box the curtains and weigh the box(es) and give us the dimensions (length, width and height in cms) of each box. We will provide you with the label(s) and ask you to print them out and affix to the box(es). We will also agree the day of collection with you.
 - The initial cost of providing the labels will be borne by us. This cost, which will include the cost of Insurance for the transit of the curtains, will eventually be split 50 /50. We will recover your share of the cost once the first pair of curtains has sold. We will of course tell you the cost of the label(s).
Part Three - Selling your second-hand Curtains
 - Once we have received your curtains we will measure and carefully examine them and send you an email or text with the valuation range for each pair you have sent us. We will then keep your curtains for up to 6 months and get on with the work of selling your second-hand curtains at the highest possible price for them as this benefits you and us jointly.
 - It is just possible that, at this stage, we may have to decline your curtains. This will be because we think they are not in a condition to sell them for a realistic price. This is why it is important for you to be clear about the condition of the curtains when you make contact with us.
 - We are glad to say that we manage to sell the vast percentage of all the curtains given to us but, just occasionally, curtains just don't sell but either way please read and take note of the following link giving details of our SELLING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Return to HOME Page.